Why counselling or therapy?
People come into counselling or therapy for many reasons. Some want help with emotional problems such as depression, loneliness or anxiety. Some may have difficulty coming to terms with a traumatic or painful experiences.
Sometimes people wish to find a counsellor for help during a crisis, such as the end of a relationship, bereavement, redundancy resulting in loss of direction in life or other traumatic event such as rape, abortion or miscarriage.
What can counselling and therapy can potentially do for you?
• A safe, supportive place to talk.
• Release from painful emotions
• Change old ways of coping that haven’t worked
• Improve personal and professional relationships
• Gain deeper understanding of behaviours and feelings
• End self-destructive patterns of behaviour